The Conference Organising Committee has arranged special rates at the following hotels. The Conference has rooms blocked for delegates but only for rooms booked prior to 25 January 2012. Only a limited number of rooms will be available after that date. We will endeavour to do our best to secure accommodation for you but WALDRONSMITH Management and the Conference take no responsibility if Hotels are booked out. The below rates cannot be guaranteed once the rooms blocked by the Conference have been filled.
As the Australian Science Communicators National Conference is now less than 30 days away, all accommodation bookings are on a request basis. If you would like to add accommodation to an existing registration or request a new booking, please email Brooke Adams on firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred hotel, arrival/departure dates and room type.
1) Formerly known as the Avillion Hotel, Rydges World Square Sydney (4 ˝ star hotel) is Sydney's deluxe international hotel. This award-winning hotel is contemporary in design and adjacent to the World Square development, right in the entertainment heart of the CBD, Darling Harbour, Chinatown, QVB, shopping district, theatres, cinemas and Oxford Street nightlife are only a few minutes’ walk. Or simply hop on the Monorail at the hotel doorstep.
Deluxe King Room $ 269.00 per night
2) The Vibe Hotel Sydney (4 star hotel) is a unique Sydney hotel offering chic accommodation in the heart of Sydney. It exudes the style of this fantastic city. This hotel is perfectly positioned for you to easily discover Sydney’s vibrant CBD fringe villages of Surry Hills, Darlinghurst, Chinatown and the Sydney entertainment precinct offering live theatre and music year round.
Guest Room @ $195.00 per night - FULLY BOOKED
3) Ibis World Square Sydney (3 ˝ star hotel) is located right in the heart of Sydney, next to the World Square Centre and within easy walking distance to Darling Harbour, Cockle Bay and Chinatown. The hotel is moments away from Sydney’s vibrant entertainment and shopping precincts. The Monorail, Sydney Light Rail and Central Station are all nearby, providing easy access to the city and beyond. All 166 rooms have recently been refurbished, boasting flat screen LCD televisions, high-speed broadband internet and in house movies.
Standard Room @ $180.00 per night
***********4) The Great Southern Hotel (3 ˝ star hotel) is a heritage listed non-smoking hotel, located right in the heart of downtown Sydney close to most major tourist and entertainment attractions such as the Capitol Theatre, Entertainment Centre & China town just to name a few. Experience Fantastic Location and Friendly service team with public transport at the door (Central Train Station, Bus, Monorail & Light rail).
Standard Room @ $135.00 per night
5) The Pensione Hotel (3 star hotel) is located in the heart of Sydney’s entertainment and theatre district. Set behind a beautiful Heritage-listed façade, it offers boutique interiors, breathtaking hospitality and incomparable value for money.
Deluxe Double/Twin Room @ $155.00 per night - FULLY BOOKED
6) Capitol Square Hotel (3 star hotel) is ideally located within Sydney’s CBD with a range of attractions at it’s doorstep. Conveniently located adjacent to The Capitol Theatre complex, it is just a short walk from Darling Harbour, Sydney Entertainment Centre, Central Station and China Town.
Double Room @ $140.00 per night
Payment of Accommodation
If paying deposit by credit card, the Conference Office will forward your credit card details to the hotel to reserve your room(s). Please be aware that the hotel may have held your credit card details only as security for the booking, and may choose not to debit your card with the payment until time of check-out. The balance of your accommodation account and any incidental charges must be paid in full, directly to the hotel, on departure.
Early Arrival or Late Departure
Please note that the check-in time for the Conference hotels is from 1400. Please indicate or notify the Conference Secretariat in writing if you will be arriving early, as you may be required to pre-register the night before to guarantee immediate access to your hotel room. Please also indicate or notify the Conference Secretariat in writing if you will arrive at your hotel after 1800, to avoid your room being released.
The hotels impose strict release dates of 30 days prior to arrival; therefore any bookings made after 25 January 2010 will be subject to availability.
Change of booking
Any change to a reservation must be notified to the Conference Secretariat in writing and not directly to the hotel.
Hotels impose strict cancellation policies and may charge 100% cancellation fee within 30 days. Please refer to hotel cancellation policies mentioned above. Any amendments to original hotel bookings must be forwarded in writing to the Conference Organisers.